Christmas Eve-Eve - 7:30pm
Time & Location
About the Event
On the eve of Christmas Eve, we gather in quietness and peace to celebrate the birth of our Saviour. This is one of our favourite gatherings every year. Through this slightly more contemplative service filled with readings, drama, beautiful music, and candle-light we’ll celebrate Jesus as Light of the World. What does it mean that He “shines in the darkness but the darkness has not “understood” Him?" What does that mean for how we understand Him and live as “people of the light?” How does He triumph over the darkness against which each of us struggles?
Due to the pandemic, our service, hosted at the Almonte Town Hall will be a bit different this year, but it will still be a beautiful encounter with Jesus.
Who: The first 50 souls who sign up! (sign-ups required and limited due to Health Unit Safety Protocols).
What: 45-50 minutes of WORSHIP, PRAYER and REFLECTION.
When: Wednesday, December 23rd at 6 pm. Please arrive by 5:45 to allow time for screening and seating.
Where: Almonte Town Hall & ONLINE! (14 Bridge St, Almonte, ON K0A 1A0)... Additional parking is available on Reserve Street.
How: These days, the “how” is the big one! Our desire is to provide a safe and grace-filled environment.
- SIGN-UPS: Sign-ups are required in order for us to avoid exceeding allowable event capacity and in order for us to provide records in the event that contact tracing is required.
- SCREENING: The simple and now familiar Covid screening questions/process will take place prior to entry to the venue. (please arrive early for a super quick and super-fun interview ;)
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Social distancing will be observed. Please be prepared to follow markings and instructions as given.
- MASKS: Masks are required for all indoor gatherings.
- SINGING: In accordance with Health Unit guidelines we will be unable to sing together. Worship will likely be somewhat more contemplative so that we can hear one another humming. :)
- SANITATION: We will have hand washing stations available for your convenience.
- CHILDREN: Unfortunately at this time the Health Unit has not released us to run full children’s programs so children will need to remain under the supervision of their parents.
- SHARING: We wish, so much that we could have coffee and snacks, but again, unfortunately, will be unable to share food and drink at this time.
- VULNERABLE SECTOR: If you are senior in age and/or have any underlying medical conditions that put you at risk of contracting Covid-19, virtual attendance is recommended. We trust that each person is free to assess their own risk tolerance and that people of all ages and stages attend at their own risk.